When a Life Changing Event Causes Emotional Pain We All Need Somebody to Lean On
What is a Life Changing Loss?
When a loved one dies, it changes our lives, sometimes in unexpected ways.
Other losses which can bring about difficult and challenging life changes include:
2. Relationship Separation, such as marital separation, a breakup, foster care, empty nest, and military assignments
3. Terminal Diagnoses
4. Chronic Illnesses, such as cancer, heart disease, kidney failure, lung disease, and diabetes.
5. Family Disruptions due to such things as infidelity, adolescent rebellion, aging parents, infertility, miscarriages, addicted family members and pet loss.
6. Disabilities due to illness and injury, mental disorders, developmental disabilities, and birth defects.
7. Financial Loss due to job termination, business failure, home foreclosure, or other asset misfortune.
8. Public Disasters, such as hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and terrorist attacks.